Boating and Jet Ski Accident Attorneys
Boating and other outdoor recreational activities can be enjoyable pastimes for local California residents. However people often underestimate the dangers that are involved with engaging in these sports. The circumstances and possible risks that come along with boating and jet skis can present a unique set of challenges for these individuals. Accidents can cause serious injuries that leave victims with physical and financial burdens. In such cases, it is important to have someone who is familiar with these risks to represent you.
The boating accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Andrew Wright have been providing quality representation to residents in Southern California for over 20 years. Our top priority has consistently been to protect the rights of our clients and get them the compensation they deserve.
The boating accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Andrew Wright have successfully helped hundreds of victims of personal injury accidents.
Our boating accident lawyers are specialized in navigating through the legal details of unfortunate boating and jet ski accidents. We are knowledgeable about boat-related injuries and can help to get you the maximum financial reward necessary to cover your injuries and losses. Each boating accident case is different, often involving complex legal and safety considerations, and each case deserves the careful approach from an experienced legal team.
Taking Precautions Against Boating and Jet Ski Accidents
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, there are about 5,000 boating accidents reported in the United States every year. These boating accidents are responsible for causing over 600 fatalities, over 3,000 injuries, and over $35 million in property damage. Personal watercraft like jet skis were involved in a quarter of all incidents, and the most reported type of accident was a collision with another boat. If you are enjoy boating and jet skiing on a regular basis, it is important to take proper safety precautions to prevent accidents and injuries that can be serious or life threatening.
- Be weather wise – Sudden wind shifts, lightning flashes and choppy water may indicate that a storm is brewing. Bring a portable radio to check weather reports.
- Bring extra gear you may need – A flashlight, extra batteries, matches, a map of where you are, flares, sun tan lotion, first aid kit, extra sunglasses.
- Keep others informed – Tell someone where you're going, who is with you, and how long you'll be away.
- Check and double check – Make sure to check your boat, equipment, boat balance, engine and fuel supply before leaving.
- Steer clear of alcohol – Alcohol and boating don't mix. Alcohol impairs your judgment, balance, and coordination – over 50 percent of drowning result from boating incidents involving alcohol. People should never operate a boat under the influence.
- Look for the label – Use Coast Guard-approved life jackets for yourself and your passengers when boating.
In the case that an accident does occur while you are using a boat or jet skis, contact our boating accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Andrew Wright to ensure that you have skilled and knowledgeable personal injury lawyers to represent you. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. Call us today to find out how we can help you.
- Automobile accident
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating and Jet Ski accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Drunk driving injuries and deaths
- Pedestrian - Auto Accident
- Slip and fall
- Brain injuries
- Dog bites
- Spinal cord injury
- Wrongful death
- Personal injury
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney